Re: [DotGNU][Fwd: [Arch]Re: [Auth]a list of what we need the personal D

From: John
Subject: Re: [DotGNU][Fwd: [Arch]Re: [Auth]a list of what we need the personal Data system to do.]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:13:47 -0500

Jeremy Petzold wrote:
> well, if I am getting you right, you think that the information should
> be stored by diffrent organizations by way of what they need to know
> about a person?
> the ISP already knows your name, phone number, address, and creditcard #
> as well as your E-mail. the same ges for a buissness, minus the
> creditcard #.
>
> did I read you correctly?

In part, I think I'd say more accurately, different organizations
providing DotGNU services should store no more information than they
currently have access to by the agreement of the customer. Of course, if
the customer agrees to let them store more, that should also be
possible.

As I noted in another message, there's no reason that this information
must be true. For example, a customer might decide that they wish to
give a spam collector e-mail address to all businesses, or web-BBS? A
service provider might be set up specifically to provide this
information.

I've written this all in much greater detail in another thread, I think
in the Auth list.

John Le'Brecage