[DotGNU]GXMP released :) ... well sorta

From: Kent Nguyen
Subject: [DotGNU]GXMP released :) ... well sorta
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:01:21 +0000

Hi,

I've recieved a number of personally request to work on GXMP.  So I stayed up
2am to come up with a partial working framework for GXMP.  I think it's about
60% complete.  All I have to do is add XML-RPC spec inside the <body> tag.
This way GXMP is backward compatible to XML-RPC.

http://www.mslinux.com/research/gxmp.html

Pay particular attention to token.  This is what will govern a single sign-on
to the Internet.  I will write another paper on LDAP sychronization and
object ACL.

Right now I'm writing a prototype authentication system using LDAP, GnuPG,
and GXMP technology.  I will read up on Jabber to see if I can make an
extension inside GXMP to interoperate with it.

Cheers!
--kent

<rant>
As for SOAP, I don't think I will ever support it.  It's so bloated.  They
add more words to the structure without justifying what it suppose to do.
For example why does the protocol use the word "SOAP-ENV" in a namespace
environment?  Simply "ENV" will do.  The purpose of namespace is not to have
conflict in naming.  If they eliminate namespace then I can understand the
descriptive name like "SOAP-ENV".   After reading the spec 1.1, proposed 1.2,
and XML abstract model.  It made sense for me to continue GXMP.
</rant>