Re: [DotGNU]EJB & dotGNU

From: Mylene
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]EJB & dotGNU
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:42:46 +0200

On 2001.08.07 11:13 Norbert Bollow wrote:
> Nicolas Fogg <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Open Source/GPL Java components for dotGNU. However I have not
> > seen anyone mention EJBs.

<...>

Well, I guess one positive on EJB's and J2EE in general is, that everyone
can use it.
But if you do not licence J2EE with Sun, you are not allowed to call it
J2EE (i'm not sure about terms like "J2EE compliancy"). Besides that, there
is OpenEJB (not GPL'd - BSD-like license) see http://openejb.exolab.org

I don't know if we can use such licensing for inclusion in free software
projects. The first maybe, the second I think not, but maybe someone can
point this out.

Lots of companies are using J2EE based AppServers and stuff like that.
As Microsoft ships it's XP without Java, we could benefit if we make use of
Java possible, I guess.

I hope someone can tell me how to handle the licensing, and hopefully we
can discuss EJB further after that.

mylene