Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:49:18 -0700 (PDT)

> Report back to me when you're done and we'll decide
> on a course of action.
>
>          -Barry

Finally found the following page of passport sites:

http://www.passport.com/Directory

I did not bother checking the MS and Slate sites.

of the others, ComponentSource and WorldShopping did
NOT require Passport to register.

EMPORI, Speedle, Starbucks, and TreasureontheNet DOES
require Passport

Of particular note is Treasure on the Net seems to be
a kid oriented site.

Further down the Directory page you will note a link
to:

   see future participating sites

perhaps these will be more abiable to complaints.

Of particular note here is the City of Saskatoon.
That is a fairly large city in Saskatchewan, Canada.
I would think that the citizins of the city would be
particular concerned about this, expecially if it will
be required for access to services!!!

Also note kidsmall.com   --  this may be vunerable to
childrens privacy complaints.