[DotGNU]Re: [Auth]IDsec for PHP 1.0

From: Albert Scherbinsky
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Auth]IDsec for PHP 1.0
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 14:41:53 -0500

Hans Zandbelt wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have released a first implementation of the IDsec system.
> Server side functionality is implemented in PHP. The client
> side consists of a modified JunkBuster proxy.
>
> It is available via http://idsec.sourceforge.net.
> You'll need a webserver with SSL support, a PHP 4 module with
> OpenSSL support and the OpenSSL binaries to run it. The client
> needs to be compiled with libcurl and the OpenSSL library.
> Please send me any comments you may have.
>
> I'll be updating the IDsec specification with my newly
> achieved implementation knowledge ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans.

Hans,

Very Cool!

As luck would have it, I also happen to be ready to release
a beta version of a Single-Login Client. I have designed it
in such a way to make future integration with IDSec
relatively easy. This is not a prototype or a reference
implementation, this is a commercial grade Windows
Application, with an easy professional installer. It's
called "Liberty Guardian".

Some Guardian Features:

-Only one password to remember.
-Log into web sites with a mouse click.
-Works on Windows XP,2000,Me,98,NT,95.
-Works with Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
-Automatically integrates with your default browser.
-Secure. Uses 128 bit IDEA (International Data Encryption
Algorithm) and MD5 (RSA's MD5 cryptographic Message Digest)
to protect user's usernames and passwords.
-Low impact install. No dlls or anything else is installed
in Windows system directories, eliminating conflicts.
-Tamper Resistant Software. Malicious attempts to change
executables or dlls in the Guardian installation directory
causes internal integrity checks to fail and the program to
display an error and exit.
-Compatible with most existing web based authentication
schemes.
-Future versions will support emerging Virtual Identity
standards when the standards are ready.
-It's portable, Mac and Linux ports are in the plans.

I'm eating my own dog food. It's saving me a huge amount of
time in not having to manually log into all the web sites
that I frequent, and I'm using more subscription based web
sites now because it's no longer a hassle.

Anybody interested in checking out the Guardian 1.0 beta
version should send me an e-mail.

Regards,
Albert Scherbinsky
Drop by at: http://members.rogers.com/alberts/

Convenient control of our personal information:
Single Login:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/single.htm
Simple Interface Markup Language:
http://members.rogers.com/alberts/siml.htm