Re: [DotGNU]Patch approval procedures

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patch approval procedures
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:40:19 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Mostly this is due to how busy I am.
    Rhys , we all know how busy you are.

> There are a handful of developers with CVS commit access
> now, so if we can establish a procedure for approving patches

    I think that Pnetlib will be the most patched upon and
the least tested. I think that for now , we have to read it
and patch it.

> I'm perfectly willing to let others take on the job.

    Since I'm doing my exams I won't be hacking the runtime.
I can easily spend sometime or so for the patches this weekend.

> I'm open to suggestions as to what a good patch approval
> process would be,

    The best way is to rely on the cscc to syntax check the
code and do a mental debug. I think the people with CVS commit
access should start spending some time reviewing patches.

    I would like Rhys to manage the Runtime and Compiler patches.
The pnetlib patches will most likely be the new classes. I think
pnetlib patches should be OK having minor semantic errors ?.

> and under what conditions a submitter would get promoted to
> CVS commit access, and trusted to submit their own patches directly.

    Work ?

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success