[DotGNU]Patch approval procedures

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Patch approval procedures
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:22:00 +1000

A few people have noted that I'm not processing patches
very quickly.  Mostly this is due to how busy I am.  Usually
I can view the patch on Savannah to check that it looks OK.
This doesn't take very long.  It's applying and checking
the patch that takes time.

There are a handful of developers with CVS commit access
now, so if we can establish a procedure for approving patches
from outside the core developer pool, I'm perfectly willing
to let others take on the job.

I'm open to suggestions as to what a good patch approval
process would be, and under what conditions a submitter
would get promoted to CVS commit access, and trusted
to submit their own patches directly.