Re: [DotGNU]Postmeeting VRS thinking and SEE

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Postmeeting VRS thinking and SEE
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:07:44 -0600

Bill Lance wrote:
I point this out here because I am now thinking that
the freestanding VRS server is functionally that same
as what SEE in envisioned to be.  Specifically, SEE
and the Service Manger in the VRS could very well be
the same thing.

After talking with Dave, the continued development of
SEE is very important at this stage.  That's
especailly true as PNet starts to work.  It will need
a server frontend to connect it to the internet.

I have the very limited start of a SEE specification document. I have not made any changes to the architecture described (sort of) based on any of the new ideas, such as Norbert's excellent jabber:middleware endorsement.

Now what I would like to know is, what sort of requirements are you looking for? Because if the SEE can play a role, that will add design constraints.

Anyway, here is what I've written so far, in case someone else would like to work on this, or use it as a base. Whatever.

http://www.geocities.com/pitabasic/dotgnu/seespec.texi.gz

--
Oh, I've seen copies [of Linux Journal] around the terminal room at The Labs.
        -- Dennis Ritchie