[DotGNU]C#

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: [DotGNU]C#
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:35:06 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I was hoping that someone could give me an opinion on the C# language.  Is
it a good language?

I mean, if it wasn't necessary for .NET, if it wasn't made my Microsoft,
etc.  How does the language stand on its own merits?

I'm sure that there are people here who can give an educated opinion on
whether C# is a good language or not.

As for what exactly makes a good language, I hope that the experts in this
list can tell me.  I figure that a good language makes a good attempt at
being easy to use and learn and still provide powerful tools.

Thanks for entertaining my questions.

Daniel.