[DotGNU]Binary releases for Portable.NET

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [DotGNU]Binary releases for Portable.NET
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:44:44 +0530

Hi Rhys and E'body else,
        I've recieved this mail from a guy who has a Win 98 SE machine
without .NET. He wants to run Pnet on his box -- but the requirements
for compiling pnet seem too high for him (cygwin,gcc,bash,....).

        If someone could hack a tar.gz which contains all the compiled
binaries (and binaries only) for portable.net, it would a good thing.
I would vote for a binary release for the latest one. Also this would
solve a lot of problems for most of the people (but will keep us from
getting bug reports on compile problems).

        I would have also liked a OS X and PPC binary release as these guys
need to get libffi from GCC cvs ...... etc

I hope that we can run Portable.NET if we just have the cygwin1.dll ?.
or does it need a *lot* of DLLs ?.

Gopz

PS: http://dotgnu.org/debs needs up2dating , and RPM Find shows a few
    Pnet RPMs.
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success