Re: [DotGNU]Concept: Forum

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Concept: Forum
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:22:37 +0530

If memory serves me right, Silvernerd wrote:
> A more detailed example of a forum is this:
> People go into a learning forum to listen to somebody explaining stuff,
> the 'teacher' would be able to use
> a virtual whiteboard and an editor that immediately shows changes he/she
> makes to the 'pupils'. This could allow people to inform others about
> complex stuff (like compilers) in a very efficient way.

Doesn't Jabber already have a whiteboard app ?. (I heard someone say so).

> The forum system would use Jabber for inter-human communication and XML
> for other communication (like chess move transmission).

AFAIK , Jabber can do both . I think Adam Theo can explain better , so
leaving it for him. (I would like a jabber chess app to play against
humans for a change ;).

> What do you think of this?

Good idea , seems to be almost completely covered in Jabber (except the
FTP part). Even if it isn't I think it is easily possible from what I
understood abt Jabber.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success