Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Manifesto - first draft

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Manifesto - first draft
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:00:17 -0600 (MDT)

    Some people call the GNU GPL/LGPL 'antibusiness'.  They say 'It's not
    conducive to profit-making enterprise.'

It is not conducive to the practice of making a profit by trampling
our freedom and dividing our community.  However, that practice is
antisocial and ought to be discouraged one way or another.

We encourage people to make a profit, as long as they respect our
freedom and our community.