Re: [DotGNU]Windows.Forms for Portable.Net

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Windows.Forms for Portable.Net
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:37:02 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> I have e-mailed Miguel for clarification (something you
> should have done before posting Gopal).

Yes I should have ... but I'm not quite sure that he might have taken
it kindly ... (our former relations have not been that good) ....

But yes, I should have tried .

> For DotGNU, I suggest that Gtk# is our best bet for UI
> development.  It is a better toolkit, and it can be made
> to run under Windows when necessary.  I've been playing
> with it over the last week, and I like it a lot.

Well GTK# is my preferred UI as well ....

> I do expect that there will be a Windows.Forms in the Mono
> libraries eventually.  So compatibility should sort itself
> out in time.

That was my issue ...

> Right now, we have much bigger fish to fry.  We have to
> reach ECMA-complete, and then .NET Framework-complete on
> the basic components.  Let's deal with the Windows.Forms
> issue when it actually becomes an issue, not before.

Yes, ... I think that might be a better idea ... (== you're boss)

> One more thing: issues will be discussed from time to time
> on mono-list.  It's just discussion.  It is important not
> to jump to conclusions until the facts can be verified
> independently.  Please keep this in mind in future.

This post was made based on the "discussion" and is more a question
of "what we will do if this is true ?" ..... And I have no problems
with the current situation what so ever.

And I'll stop posting stuff based on "official" rumors ...

Gopal