Re: [DotGNU]CVS building instructions for PNET and TREE for CYGWIN

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]CVS building instructions for PNET and TREE for CYGWIN
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > or just a make dist-install for getting all the install stuff into
> > dir
>
> ./configure .... all those stuff
> make
> make DESTDIR=/tmp/pnet-packages/ install
> cd /tmp/pnet-packages/
> tar -czvf /tmp/pnet-binary.tgz usr/local/

That looks fine. I works for me.
Please put that into some makefile, and we can use it.

The open issues for the cywin are then :

1. creation of a cygwin package.
this is described here :
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html

2. updating the libgc to handle the differences between cygwin and
windows (That will require the finding of the -D FLAG for cygwin)
(this might need some automake/autoconf knowledge and I have almost
none)

3. The updating of the treecc examples to build properly, it looks like
the dependancies of the .exe are not being found.
if  I change the expr_cpp to expr_cpp$(EXEEXT)
in these rules of the makefile.in then it works :
you will find the patch for the treecc on
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dotgnu/mdupont-treecc-020715

4. The updating of the aclocal and other two files in the patches,
this is way to much automake for me. I hope the hoodoo priests can
figure that black mojo.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont