Re: [DotGNU]Design working group (was: Re: DotGNU Business Alliance)

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Design working group (was: Re: DotGNU Business Alliance)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 19:03:02 +0200

Hi,

Ian Fung wrote:

> hello, i have recently joined vrs and am involved in the design of the
> whole system and specifically the implementation of the Content Manager.
> i agree with everything you said about each group needing to think about
> the end-user experience and for the lack of a better term, the "big
> picture". the thing i dont understand is the definiton of a "working
> group". i am a cs geek by training so i apologize for my lack of
> experience in this area. aside from what a working group is, i just
> wanted to let anyone who did not already know that work on vrs is
> currently in forward motion. we have about 3-4 active members. we will
> be glad to be part of any group whose purpose is to achieve greater
> end-user usability and basically, make vrs and dotGNU a better software
> project.

A working group is in my sense simply a group of people that have regular
mailings and irc/im meetings about a subject. Also a working group should not be
about one project but rather about a group of related projects and it should
have representation from multiple projects (from all projects if possible) in
it.

So for example if some people from VRS and some from SEE (maybe some from DEE if
it isn't dead) would get together to talk about execution enviroments on a
regular basis then an execution enviroment working group would exist.

It's nice to hear that VRS is going forward :-).

Greetings,

Peter