[DotGNU]DotGNU-Base configuration manager

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]DotGNU-Base configuration manager
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:27:29 +0200

Hi,

Gopal talked about a Registry system in DG-Base, here is my idea how that could
be implemented:

* We stick to the good old /etc directory and make a webservices subdir in it.
* Every webservice would have to create a programname-major.minor subdir the
webservice config dir. This allows for multiple versions of a program to be
installed on one system.
* A programname subdir should link to the config dir of the standard version of
the webservice.
* The configuration files are in XML. In every config dir there is a config.xml
file that contains the configuration and can also link to other config files.
* DG-Base contains one or two classes in the DotGNU.Configuration namespace that
read and write to the files.

Greetings,

Peter