Re: [DotGNU]question about Finalize in C#

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]question about Finalize in C#
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:34:48 +0530

If memory serves me right, Chris Smith wrote:
> Dispose doesn't work yet does it?  Or even 'using( ..... )'.

Hehe .. using() does not work yet :-) ... you do catch the really
missing parts in your code ... But a.Dispose() should work ok ...
And the finalizer is OK , I tried torture testing the system
with my dotgnu.xml libs with the ECMA All.xml file ...

> Sorry if knowledge of this has been made public elsewhere, I can't find it.

cscc/csharp/cs_stmt.tc : 1313

/*
 * Perform semantic analysis for the "using" statement.
 */
ILNode_SemAnalysis(ILNode_Using)
{
        /* TODO */
        return CSSemValueDefault;
}

Hmm... I get a segfault trying to find what node->resource and node->
stmt are ..

I tracked that NULL to its source ... But I'm at a loss at why the
NULL is supplied ...

cs_grammar.y:2152

UsingStatement
        : USING ResourceAcquisition EmbeddedStatement   {
                                MakeBinary(Using, $2, $3);
                        }
        ;

ResourceAcquisition
        : '(' LocalVariableDeclaration ')'      { $$ = 0; }

So I hope I can figure out how to fix this by saturday ... I'm hoping
to help with this ..

Gopal