Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Re: SEE and Goldwater integration

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Re: SEE and Goldwater integration
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

> I agree.  It sounds good to me.  My only response is that
> (eventually,
> at least), we're going to want to have the webservices loaded into
> the VM permanently, executing in the same process.  Loading the
> webservice code and passing it to the VM every time a request comes
> in is, even with caching, going to be very slow.  The code needs to
> be pre-loaded into the VM (possibly in the same process?  I'm not
> sure how fast IPC is for large blocks of data) or we're going to have
>
> some performance issues.  Pre-loading allows for partial compilation,

Excuse me for my ignorance,

Does this mean it will be possible to also use this module not only for
running from the calling apache module, but also from an external
modules like a scripting language.

I guess that you will also be able to provide a sessio id and a way to
coordinate many different callers together?

If this is so, I would like to attempt to create a perl XS/Inline
wrapper around this module. Is there a simple api I can use?
1. open session
2. invoke module
3. call function -- repeat
4. close session