Re: [DotGNU]Mod_Pnet and libgc

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mod_Pnet and libgc
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:10:18 +0100

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 07:29, Gopal V wrote:

Thanks for the following:

> [-START-QUOTE-RHYS]
.. cut ..
> The libgc library has some funny initialization requirements
> when shared libraries are involved.  It will probably be
> necessary to compile the entire stack, including libgc and
> the engine, as .so.  Statically linking it into a .so will
> probably not be sufficient.
.. cut ..
> [-END-QUOTE-]

Yep.  Trying that now.

I seem to be getting a segfault in ffi_raw_call.. but with multiple threads
it's a pain in the butt.  Even trying to get libffi to build as a shared
object is not going well :o(

> So once Chris figures out how to fix this whole thing as a
> .SO , we can proceed to try a mod_pnet ...

More news when I have it.

... and it looked simple on the surface ... :o(

Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.
  "Internet Technologies, Distributed Systems and Tuxedo Consultancy"
  E: address@hidden  W: http://www.nfluid.co.uk