Re: [DotGNU]Qt.dll verification errors

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Qt.dll verification errors
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:30:58 +1000

Gopal V wrote:

>         This is a verification bug I found in Qt.dll .... Or should
> I call it a loading bug ... After tracking the bug from verify.c
> to image/member.c
>
> member.c : 529
>                 code->moreSections = ((*addr & 0x08) != 0);
>
> This is set as '-1' for QtSlot.ctor(QtObject,String) ...
> How I don't know ... but I can't seem to find a way out
> of this ...

"moreSections" is a 1-bit field of type int, which will
sign-extend to either 0 or -1.  There's nothing wrong
with this.  The "moreSections" flag is set if there are
try/catch blocks associated with a method, and we have
plenty of examples of try/catch blocks that verify fine.
It only needs to be zero or non-zero.

There must be something else going on.  e.g. the assembler
formatting try/catch blocks incorrectly in some odd
circumstances.  Without seeing the actual IL code that
lead to this problem, it isn't possible to be more precise
as to what is going wrong.  Please supply the assembly
code for the offending method, and the IL object code
that results.