Re: [DotGNU]RFC 3: Subcommittees

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]RFC 3: Subcommittees
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

RFC Number : Mdupont +1

 Name: Meta Object Description subcommitte
 Maintainers:  See further  in mail (proposed RW,AJM,GV,+ others)
 Date of entrance: 20-oct-2002
 Date of decision: -
 Area: DotGNU Subcommittee Group

I would like to call a Meta Object Description subcommitte with mr
AJ M from NZ, and mr R W from AU.  Also mr T3 from IN and also all
freaky dot GNu Denzins. Who is doing metawrap, I have had some nice
conversations with all of you in the past. I will therefore now commit
myself to dotgnu and take upon me the responsabilities of a
contributor.

The goal is to define what things are what for each of the domains,
a rosetta stone if you will. Objects, Classes, and all that jazz.

This proposed subcommitee will publish a standard mapping document
between the meta object models of pnet/cscc + gnue/xmlschema +
gcc/introspector.

We will I hereby propose publish an xml triplet or statement about an
object with a predicate and an Subject and object. This could be
written easily as RDF . Raptor RDF + redland RDF-  is a nice lib in c
that sits on expat and or libxml. This will allow for the semantic
relationships to be made mapping the object models.

The CWM closed world model allows reasoning about such statements,

The treecc + introspector work I am doing will allow for swig models
and inline Perl model to be generated in pairs.

<POSSIBLE OUTCOME>
This meta model can later be used with the XMI Export routine via
the GJC, I propose to use the novosoft XMI/Mof libs to
generate and read XMI. This might be of great interest to dotgnu to
have a better intergration via the gcc treecc export interface that we
are working on an the gcj interface. It might be possible to translate
c# into java and then use the gcj native code generation..... just an
idea..
</POSSIBLE OUTCOME>

End of RFC.
<Comment>
it would be interesting to see what you think about this idea,
can you please just send a quick yes/no type answer back?

thanks,
mike
</Comment>
</Comment>