Re: TreeCC for the GCC (was [DotGNU]IRC Meeting Summary : 2002-10-19)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: TreeCC for the GCC (was [DotGNU]IRC Meeting Summary : 2002-10-19)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:05:07 +1000

James Michael DuPont wrote:

> 1. dependancies, I do not yet have a full topological sort of the
> nodetypes dependancies worked out, that means that I cannot put the
> files (yet) into the right order for including and compilation.

Since you are using C#, the compiler will rearrange the classes
for you.  It is perfectly OK to compile B.cs then A.cs, if B
inherits from A.  I don't see what the problem is.

> I think the way to go with this is to get the treecc stuff generated,
> the I hope there is someway to use the c interfaces to talk to the c#
> interfaces. Right now I guess the c and c# interfaces are excluding
> each other, it would be great if I could fill out the c interface and
> automagically feed that to the c# interface.

Why are you using C# at all?  The goal of the discussion on
gcc/treecc so far is to allow third parties to quickly build
new front-ends for gcc, with _no_ dependency on anything except
treecc itself.  Using C# introduces a dependency on pnet.
You should be using treecc to generate C code to solve this
problem.  Unless of course you are solving a different problem.