Re: [DotGNU]WG leaders needed / DG WG (Meet-a-thon)

From: Peter Minten
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]WG leaders needed / DG WG (Meet-a-thon)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:41:36 +0200

Gopal V wrote:

> If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:
> > meeting during the meet-a-thon.
>
> Should we sort of postpone the meet-a-thon into early next month ...
> things are in kind of a flux right now ... So this might not be the
> most ideal time ...

I disagree. If we use the meetathon as an opportunity to get all the developers
together (shift focus from outside to inside) we can get ideas worked out and
integrated into the designs much faster. If we wait until the flux state is over
the designs will be rather finished and it will not be easy to change them. The
idea to use the meetathon as a PR event like the past times is tempting, but we
need to use it for introspection to improve DotGNU.

And now that I think of it, the meetathon may be the ideal opportunity to get
some candidates for the remaining WG leader positions. And since that's
something with a high priority IMHO we should do it as soon as possible. We
could then use the DotGNU WG meeting to officially assign the WG leaders.

> if we wait a week, we could get the whole Parrot side figured out ...

If we do it this weekend we could get the Parrot side figured out a lot better
because of more feedback into the developing plans.

> Gopal
>
> PS: how about 2-3 Nov ?... that'll give me time to figure out a couple
>     of PR policies that fit to a T...

Luckily for this meetathon you don't need to get into PR mode :-).