[DotGNU]Rhys's Role

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Rhys's Role
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:15:04 +1000

As some of you are aware from the recent IRC meetings, I have been
re-examining my role in Portable.NET and DotGNU.  This has created
a flurry of so-called "crisis discussions".

The only "crisis" is that I am slowly burning out, and need to take
some time off to think about what I want to do next.  My doing so
does not "kill DotGNU" as some think.  There is a strong community
here, but you all have to understand that no one person can carry
this on their shoulders alone.

I will be putting out a new pnet/pnetlib release in the next couple
of days, to act as a check-point on progress so far.  After that,
I will be reducing my coding role until I figure out what direction
I personally want to go in next.

Others in the group should see this as an opportunity to take
responsibility for a large piece of DotGNU and then commit to seeing
it through.