[DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] SEE and VRS combined. A first look.

From: Chris Smith
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] SEE and VRS combined. A first look.
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:31:58 +0100

On Saturday 26 October 2002 07:38, Ian Fung wrote:
> so just to make sure. we're basically doing a vrs where the vm for
> execution is going to be a see right?

No.
The SEE has some specific requirements that the VRS does not require, and
vice versa.  However, the actual bit that accepts, decodes and executes
requestes for webservices is common to both.

So you take this common bit, add some more functionality and you get a SEE.
Take the same common bit, add some different functionality and you get a VRS.

It is very probably that an LDS in the VRS can have the 'SEE' specific bits
installed too making the the whole VRS look like a SEE from the outside -
which is a grand thing.

Chris