Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.Directory.GetDirectoryRoot()

From: Charles Shuller
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.Directory.GetDirectoryRoot()
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:43:24 -0600

"/" would seem the best bet (/dev/hda0 is a device, not a directory).
Even better, abstract it behind a function in "support" so that it
can potentionally be implemented the Windows way on that platform.

This particular method just does string processing, but it relies on GetAbsolutePath, in case of a relative path.

I submitted a patch for what I got done tonight, mostly to make sure I'm on the right track. I'll finish adding Windows support after GetAbsolutePath, which I plan to be adding shortly.

--
Charles Shuller
Jabber ID: address@hidden