Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.Directory.GetDirectoryRoot()

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.IO.Directory.GetDirectoryRoot()
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:58:41 +0530

If memory serves me right, Charles Shuller wrote:
> I submitted a patch for what I got done tonight, mostly to make sure I'm
> on the right track.  I'll finish adding Windows support after
> GetAbsolutePath, which I plan to be adding shortly.

IMHO the String operations on Paths should be implemented in Paths ....
Actually we do have a Path.GetPathRoot as well ... And Path.GetFullPath.
We'll leave Directory as an abstraction of Path for these matters ...
(redundant apis are bad...)

I'm replanting your code from Directory.cs into Path.cs .. hope you
don't mind .... Btw, Path.GetFullPath does not have support for the
SMB handlers nor does Path.IsRooted ... Well we can always add it :-)

Gopal