Re: [DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]pnet status on IA-64
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:05:10 +0530

If memory serves me right, CH Gowri Kumar wrote:
> 2)The initialization of static members is not done in the right order

That's strange ... The static member initializations should be compiled
into the .cctor .. And that method executed just like anyother ...

> Also, is there any fixed testing framework which you are following to test
> the engine+runtime? I mean writing small programs which emphasise on a
> particular CIL instruction etc.

The tests/test_verify tests the verifier ... but does not do execution
testing for the instructions ... (/me has about 150 odd .cs files I
wrote to test the runtime & compiler at various times ...) ..

So ilunit exists , but I don't think it executes instructions ...

>       StaticInitialization.exe

        please send me a copy of this ...

>       FastBitmapper1.exe
>       It's taking anormous amounts of time. the MS jit executed each loop
>   around 23 sec. While ilrun took 21 minutes to execure the same loop.

Hmm... very curious .... and you're using the same .exe ...

> BinaryRead.exe
>       unresolved type: [mscorlib]System.IO.BufferedStream
>    BinaryRead.exe: unresolved external references

To be implemented .. but StreamWriter already buffers data output ....

> unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex
> unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match
> unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.GroupCollection
> unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Group
> unresolved type: [System]System.Text.RegularExpressions.Capture

I'll try to fix these up soon ... most likely before saturday ..
(see runtime/System/Private/Regex.cs....)

Gopal