[DotGNU]Call for test cases... Numeric Formatting

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: [DotGNU]Call for test cases... Numeric Formatting
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:56:07 -0500

Folks,

I just completed a major overhaul of numeric formatting, including
custom formats and a complete implementation of IFormattable.ToString()
for the built-in numeric types.  There's a new namespace
(System.Private.NumberFormat) and 11 classes depending upon the type of
formatting being requested.  And lots of "Template Method" patter code :).

I'm in the midst of testing, and need more test cases!
StringTest.TestFormat() runs cleanly now.  Bring on the silly
"0foo###foo###.##0" test cases.

Thanks for your contributions.  I've got some tests of my own to write;
I'll post the whole enchilada to CVS Wednesday/Thursday.

(As an aside, a call for opinions:

        1.  How should negative numbers be displayed in hex?  I'm just
        taking the unsigned two's complement internal representation.

        2.  ECMA defines decimal and group separators (and positive and
        negative signs) as strings.  Should pnetlib be prepared for
        multi-character signs?

)

Regards,
-js 212-314-4893

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen