Re: [DotGNU]Re: how to find ByteOrder Marks

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: how to find ByteOrder Marks
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 08:59:59 -0700

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 08:48, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > That aside , you could use StreamReader for all places you need to
> > read a stream with Encoding :-)
>
> Some XmlTextReader constructor and XmlDocument.Load supplies only
> url and in such case we must implement encoding detection
> by ourselves.
> StreamReader (of MS.NET) cannot detect actual encoding of the
> target stream, at least my Shift_JIS environment.

There is still a TODO on the constructor to support Url's, I was thinking
 this would require using System.Net to download the stream and let
 StreamReader do the work.  StreamReader returns a UTF8 encoding by default
 if the
autodetection is on and nothing can be found.  I'd like to take care of that
TODO sooner then later, since we can test out System.Net more.

regards,
--
--minddog( Adam Ballai )

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip