Re: [DotGNU]Reaction on Funding/WhatFor

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Reaction on Funding/WhatFor
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 00:44:53 -0800 (PST)

I have a suggestion for what we can use our funding for,
the creating of a dotgnu monthly CD snapshot distribution
for our less fortunate members who cannot download all the needed
software.

All we need to do to make sure it is distributed throughout all of asia
within 2 days is to label it : Window XP 2004 beta
and all of a sudden it will appear in every CD Copyshop in bangcok in
day.

http://wiki.dotgnu.org/DotGNUCDSnapshot

== DotGNU CD Snapshot ==

Many DotGNU members are not on good connections. We need an efficient
way to send a single CD with all things DotGNU to them, that way they
can follow the project without being online.

The DotGNU CD Snapshot will contain all source code that is relevant,
all mailing lists, all webpages, all related and referenced documents.

 * Creation of ISO for downloading
 * Creating of a network of local cd burners
 * Sponsorship of the burning of CDS and sending via Mail for needy
dotgnu members (DotGNUSponsoredSubscription)
 * Publishing to Magazines

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/