Re: [DotGNU]Re: Force byte type for enumerator runtime error

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: Force byte type for enumerator runtime error
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:42:29 +0530

If memory serves me right, Mike Peters wrote:
> The attached patch to pnetlib-0.5.2, GeneralFormatter.cs would seem to
> fix this but someone more experienced should check it doesn't break
> anything as I'm only a few hours old to dotGNU and pnet.

It's cool .. though it was reversed ( diff -cb`r' ? :-).

> What would be the accepted form for patches (this one was made using
> diff -cbr)? And again, would this be the right place to post them?

It would be better if you used a CVS version and tried to use the
make_patch.sh script that accompanied pnet/pnetlib. Your change is
already available for the public from CVS and similar changes make
0.5.2 really obselete right now.

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/dotgnu-pnet/ and click on the Patches
section & follow instructions. I'll clear it within the week (or shorter
depending on the patch length and complexity).

> Apologies if I'm in the wrong place. Tell me and I'll shut up.

You're not only in the right place , but you've also fixed a bug -- talk
on :-)

Gopal