Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Discovery => RDF:DGMX

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Discovery => RDF:DGMX
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:32:15 -0800 (PST)

This ties into the Metadata RFC #3 that I had sent in.
Peter, I would like to help you with this idea, and think you are on
the right track.

Personally, I feel it is time to start creating a large repository
of metainformation and tieing into together.

Corba has the concept of an interfaces respoitory, it is nothing more
than the idea of the cscc compiler loading all the compiled classes
into a central database.

This could be used to manage incremental compliation, if the compiler
is able to store all relevant information in a central repository then
compilation could be spread across many computers.

The idea of many servers is handled by the VRS? Each DotGNU.Rdf.Graph
can be located on different GNU.Rdf.Server.

The DotGNU.Rdf.Model handles the quering of many graphs at once.
The protocol that is used underneath is not important.

The DGMX files are basically meta-data descriptions of functions.
They can be described by rdf, and indexed that way.

Next step for me is to get the DGEE running!
mike
--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> RDF could play an important role in DotGNU as the central mechanism
> for
> webservice discovery. It works like this: it's possible using GNU.RDF
> to connect
> a lot of RDF servers in a way that they basically act as one. On that
> Virtual
> RDF Server ;-) webservice descriptions (basically the contents of the
> DGMX file
> in RDF) could be placed. And voila, you have a discovery system.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Peter

=====
James Michael DuPont