RE: [DotGNU]RDF Query Language

From: Danny Ayers
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]RDF Query Language
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:14:47 +0100

> Not really. Those languages are quite complicated. RDF is simple
> and thus the
> query language can be simple. My approach is to keep things simple.

Not similar? Your version :

The basic SELECT operation goes like this:
SELECT propertynames
FROM resourceclassnames
WHERE condition
GROUP BY propertynames
HAVING condition

an example from RDQL [1] :

SELECT ?a, ?b
WHERE  (?a, <http://somewhere/pred1>, ?b)
AND    ?b <

If you believe the language (RQL or RDQL) as a whole is too complicated,
then you could define a subset. I still don't see any reason to invent a
completely new language and with it new interop problems.

> Anyway time to rename my query language: GNU.RDF.QL :-)

Good name ;-)

Cheeers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.hpl.hp.com/semweb/rdql-examples.html