Re: [DotGNU]dynlib.c /windows Installer

From: Robert Johnson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dynlib.c /windows Installer
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:04:17 -0800 (PST)

Good Evening Rhys,

I got good news to report. The Change that you made
worked. An I was able to compile pnet completely. I
Also tested the dynlib.c patch and it works!!!. I was
able to compile and run gtk# applications with cscc
and ilrun under windows (with the help of
"cygwin1.dll" that is part of the gtk# Win32 install
package). I did have some trouble at first getting the
compile and execution of the gtk# test programs to
run. This was because I did not have certain library
files. The library files that were missing were:

System.Drawing.dll -(found in the Mono Win32
Distribution)

libintl-1.dll -(found in the Mono Win32 Distribution)

iconv.dll -(found in the Mono Win32 Distribution)

gtk-sharp-0.8-stable-win32-1 (Which I found in the
mono archives)

I hope this information is help full to the project.

I tested this on WindowsXP I'm not sure if it will
work under 98/ME/NT/2000.

I have one other question for you. Do you think I
should include the supporting files to compile gtk#
applications within the windows installer I'm working
on? Or Maybe just include the setup information? what
do you think?

Bob J