Re: [DotGNU]A possible source of funding for DotGNU developers in the US

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A possible source of funding for DotGNU developers in the US
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:03:36 -0800

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 08:25, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> [..]
>
> If you can get it, Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants
> are an excellent source of funding.  By law, any US Govt agency
> that funds external research must allocate 1%-2% of their research
> budget to small businesses.  DoD, NSF, and NIH are the biggest
> sources of SBIR funds and each maintains web pages dedicated to
> this program. This program is only open to US businesses.  The
> grant sizes are $100k/6mos in phase I and $750k/24mos in phase II;
> the money is not a loan, not an equity investment, and the grantee
> owns any intellectual property that results.

For what it's worth, this stuff is real.  I'm currently working on a
project at a company funded by an SBIR...

I don't have any personal experience writing proposals, but my boss
has lots... :-)  If anyone has specific questions about applying for
these, which are not answered in FAQs, etc., I can ask my boss....

Eric