[DotGNU]Introduction

From: HowellsScreen2
Subject: [DotGNU]Introduction
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:13:02 -0400

   Greetings!

    I very recently joined to list with the hope that I can contribute as a
developer.  I am semi-retired and have some time on my hands.  I have about 10
years programming experience in C, C++, Java, and Perl.  I am attaching my
resume.

   Sincerely, Howell Caton

Howell Caton
453 Moores Mill Road, Unit 5.
Bel Air, MD 21014.
(410) 638-0477
address@hidden

OBJECTIVE:  To obtain a software developer position in java and/or C/C++.

TECHNICAL SKILLS
Java, AWT (4 years); Swing, JDBC (3.5 years); C (6 years);
Motif (3 years); C++, Perl (2 year); UNIX User (18 years) ; Oracle, JSP, EJB
JNDI, XML, XSL,ASP, FLASH, JavaScript, Photoshop (1 Year)

CERTIFICATIONS
Sun Certified Java Programmer;  Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)

ACADEMIC
M.S. in Physics, West Virginia University (3.4 GPA)

WORK EXPERIENCE
JDBC Application in Access: (6 months)  Developed software to facilitate
communication between various war-gaming simulations; High Level Architecture
standards for data exchange;  Replaced nested JPanels with Single JTable.  New
table model, Cell renderer, table cell editor, over-riding JTable.getCellEditor.

JDBC Application in Access, Swing:  (2 years)  Java Swing GUI providing fast
for entering US Army personnel and equipment data into an Access database.
Adapted application to connect remotely to ORG ID server, which assigns a
unique identifier to Military units.  Re-wrote ORG ID server (C++).  Extending
DefaultTreeCellRenderer to match the look and feel of legacy product.  Mastered
Runtime Class.

Scientific Display Applets (2 years)  Wrote a series of applets simulating
scientific displays at the National Science Foundation's Fort Discovery in
Augusta, Georgia.  Required concurrent Threads, Runge-Kutta algorithm.

Battlefield Situation Awareness Demonstration using ModSAF, C++,  Berkeley
Sockets, and Perl  (1.5 years)  Programmed and assembled battlefield situation
demonstration.Client/Server.
Berkley Sockets.  Driven by ModSAF.  Perl Formatted data.
Distributed Database Applications in C++/Motif (2years)  Motif application in
"C++" to interface US ARL's Information Distribution System.