[DotGNU]official titles (was Re: Sys-con...)

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: [DotGNU]official titles (was Re: Sys-con...)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:28:26 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden wrote:

> > - A brief bio (around 50 words) including your "official title"
>
> I think I got the bio down, but my "official title" is my "leader" name?
> Probably "Web Services Leader" or a Pnetlib maintainer.

Sounds like we need some titles...

I would propose a "serve yourself" titles system which would work
as follows:

When someone needs or wants to have a title, let them post a message
to address@hidden in which they request being granted the
right so use a certain title.  (See below for some rough guidelines
on choosing a good title).

If no-one objects within 7 days, you can consider the proposed title
to be your official title, granted to you by the DotGNU project.

If there are any timely objections, you cannot use the proposed title
unless the DotGNU Steering Committee makes a decision that the
objections do not have merit.

Here are some guidelines for creating titles:

* Maybe "DotGNU Developer" or "DotGNU Evangelist" meets your needs?

* Consider making the title more specific by inserting a word between
  "DotGNU" and "Developer" or "Evangelist".  This would result in a
  title like "DotGNU Webservices Developer" or "DotGNU Portable.NET
  Evangelist".

* You shouldn't try to call yourself "leader" or "lead something"
  before you have a significant number of followers :-)

* The "maintainer" word is reserved for whoever is the official GNU
  package maintainer.  For example, Rhys and only Rhys is "pnetlib
  maintainer".

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/