Re: [DotGNU]Refcounting mechanism

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Refcounting mechanism
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:58:16 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gnanavel S wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have tried the following code under the PNet,
> I have complied it using cscc and run via the ilrun,
> It never seems to call the destructor (~FinalizerObj)
> Let me know if some thing else had to be done?

Are you using Portable.net 0.5.8 ? ... Portable.net has had
a complete reworking of the GC system after that release.
The fact that it's been taking so long for us to release 0.5.10
is that all those major changes and pulling and fixing... But
thanks to ^Tum , it's all done and gift-wrapped for a release
this saturday :)

To last count about ~21 commits have gone into GC operations ...
Hope all those help you ...

I'm getting finalizers called ... with current CVS pnet (not
exactly current, but current enough ;) . I've attached my
output to the mail , hoping that it's the one you're looking
for :)

Gopal