RE: [DotGNU]The new controls (was: Phoenix)

From: Neil Cawse
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]The new controls (was: Phoenix)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:00:20 -0400

thanks Simon.
StringFormat is implemented in System.Drawing.MeasureCharacterRanges

public Region[] MeasureCharacterRanges(String text,

Font font, RectangleF layoutRect, StringFormat stringFormat)

This method will return the region for each character range you want to measure. Unlike MeasureString, this takes into account kerning between characters. Use this method in any controls you create to find out where text should be positioned. I need to add word wrapping in.

btw Regions are very cool to use in your control too. Ill write up a document to help people get started with controls.