Re: [DotGNU]RE: Patch for Review: Fix Some TextBox Issues for Single-Lin

From: Mohan Embar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]RE: Patch for Review: Fix Some TextBox Issues for Single-Linefeed Lines
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 07:58:44 -0500

Hi Neil,

Thanks for responding to this!

>  I think the better approach would be to leave out any non displayable
>  characters in the layout information. layout thus only contains the bounds
>  of displayed characters. When we move we then skip over undisplayable
>  characters.

Conceptually, I think that <LF>s (or <CR><LF>s) are displayable characters
which display whitespace, though I understand what you mean. If you don't
store valid bounds information for linefeeds, how would you determine the caret
position for the cases I mentioned in my patch?

>  Actually the behaviour needs to change because the microsoft textbox control
>  needs a cr and lf before moving text onto a new line (i only do lf). I will
>  setup a full set of test cases so we can make sure we match the ms behavior
>  exactly.

Testcases would definitely be helpful. Thanks again for your hard work.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/