Re: CVS "replacements"; good luck (was Re: [DotGNU]WOW, the newest doxyg

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: CVS "replacements"; good luck (was Re: [DotGNU]WOW, the newest doxygen does C#!!!)
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:43:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephen Compall <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > there is a tool called arch that is to replace cvs in the long
> term,
> > (and bitkeeper).
>
> I believe there are more CVS "replacements" than this.  One example
> is
> Subversion.  Who is to say which one, if any, of these will replace
> CVS in the long term?  Of course, if such is stated somewhere on
> GNU.org, then...

I started on arch after mailing with rms about bitkeeper, and he
suggested that I help out tom lord.
arch homepage :
http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view
with a comparison here :
http://arch.fifthvision.net/bin/view/Main/SubVersionAndCvsComparison

http://better-scm.berlios.de/arch/

Subversion has issues :

Here are two comparisons that favor subversion :
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2002-11/msg00474.html
http://better-scm.berlios.de/subversion/compelling_alternative.html

> > Well, I hope you realize what this means? Dotgnu is no longer
> safe!!  I
> > am going to doxygen the entire pnet and pnetlib, and dgee!!!!
>
> Hope you have better luck than I do.  I couldn't get Doxygen to pay
> attention to the files even after some sed transforms that should
> have
> made it Doxygen-compatible format.  Then again, I was working with
> the
> C, not C#

Well it seems to be the dotted names of the classes throwing it off.
Hopefully we(i) can get csdoc to emit this data for us, and now have to
play around with the doxygen source...

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont