[DotGNU]Namespace bugs in cscc

From: Marcus
Subject: [DotGNU]Namespace bugs in cscc
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:39:46 -0500

I think some of the namespace issues in cscc have not been fixed yet, but I
don't recall for sure. I'm thinking that someone said that the way namespace
are resolved in cscc needs some reworking to fix this. But maybe I'm thinking
of something else. My question is whether I should report this bug or wait
until the cscc namespace resolution is fixed.

I ran across another case where cscc reports an error but csc does not:

namespace MyNamespace
{
        namespace Nested
        {
                public class MyClass {}
        }
}

namespace MyNamespace
{
        using Nested;
        public class Testing
        {
                public static void Main()
                {
                        MyClass m = new MyClass();
                }
        }
}

cscc reports
namespace.cs:16: invalid type specification `MyClass'
namespace.cs:16: invalid type specification `MyClass'

(Yes, I know that this is an abtruse program, but someone was asking me a
question about using-directive and namespaces, so I wrote the test program
above.)