Re: [DotGNU]Naming conventions

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Naming conventions
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus,

> Is that only for those three types? I don't see
> "Int32" or "Single" being
> used, for example. So I'm very confused about this
> part.

You can use "int" or "float" as you please ... That
peice of advice is to prevent the "string" and
"object"
mixed with the "String" and "Object" (which are used
everywhere else in pnet).

> Also, in some places, the C# names *must* be used,
> such as "enum Fruit: byte
> { Apple, Orange };" (The compilers will not accept
> Byte here.)

As long as your tab indentation and brace placement
is right, the rest are all just suggestions for
clarity
(maybe except for the variable naming suggestions to
prevent eyesores which some people tend to use like
m_foo_bar_is_an_int_and_stores_the_sum .. j/k)

Don't let coding conventions stop you for anything,
Gopal