Re: [DotGNU]System.Windows.Forms Coding Competition

From: Rainer Groesslinger
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Windows.Forms Coding Competition
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:09:42 +0100

> There is however a significant part of the donated prize money
> still unclaimed and we plan to relaunch the competition in early 2005.

Very nice to hear :)
Personally, I'd vote for the launch date to be the same (or shortly
after) either a) the new dotgnu.org website is up or b) a new DotGNU CD
release was made.

Since the website probably won't be finished until January (?) my
reasoning for b) is:

The CD is mainly interesting for new people, and not those who are with
DotGNU for many months already, if it gets onto some magazines Cover CD
it'll be presented to even more people that don't know about the project
or didn't look at it yet.
E.g. When 0.1 was released I gave the CD to all kinds of people...Those
who knew about DotGNU and those who didn't, those who are the average
end-user and those who are programmers.
A new CD release is also a good possibility to infect your local LUG
with :)

Thus, with the CD they don't only get a recent packaged version + source
(to look at it before they decide) but also the information about the
contest itself (there'll be html info on the CD, like with 0.1, right?)
which is helpful if they like it and then "automatically" see that
there's the contest.

--
Rainer