[DotGNU] System.Windows.Forms question

From: Duck Grossberg
Subject: [DotGNU] System.Windows.Forms question
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:25:22 -0700

Hello all,

My name is Duck and I am a complete newbie. I am taking a C# class and trying really hard to use my Mac to compile the code instead of the MS IDE.
I can get console apps to compile and run no problem, but I can not get any forms to compile. Even with this simple code from my text:

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Drawing;
class Welcome4
{
        static void Main( string[] args )
        {
                MessageBox.Show( "Welcome\nto\nC#\nprogramming!" );
        }
}

I get this error:

Ducks-Computer:~ duck$ cscc -o example.exe example.cs
example.cs:8: `MessageBox' is not declared in the current scope
example.cs:8: called object is not a method or delegate

If this is the inappropriate forum for asking these types of elementary questions, a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Regards,

Duck Grossberg

IT Support

Salk Institute