Re: [DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X

From: Alan West
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 02:10:04 +0100

On 5 May 2005, at 16:54, Oscar Papel wrote:

I tried building with and without --enable-shared back when 0.6.12 was released. Both ways produced libXsharpSupport.la instead of XsharpSupport.dylib.

Maybe it was both the --with-x --enable-shared that did it in the end then? (I didn't look into the Makefile)

I don't doubt that gcc 4 is giving you problems. This is going to be a stumbling block for many OSS projects on the Mac until the linux folks catch up :)

Feel free to post an installer package. I'll take a look at it and let you know how it works on my macs.

Here's my first ever installer package for a Mac: http:// www.zen15457.zen.co.uk/pnet/