[DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X

From: Alan West
Subject: [DotGNU] Re: DotGnu on OS/X
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:21:37 +0100

On 11 Jun 2005, at 20:37, Oscar Papel wrote:

Hello Alan,

I just built the latest release of pnet and, just as last time, my build failed to produce XsharpSupport.dylib and instead built a libXsharpSupport.la.

I used the following configure options:

--prefix=/Library/Frameworks/pnet.framework/Versions/0.7.0 --with-x --enable-shared

The version that you built last time did build a successful XsharpSupport.dylib. I am wondering where our approaches differ. If you can find the time, could you try a build?

I'm running Tiger 10.4.1, XCode 2.1, GCC 4

I used gcc 3.3 (by using gcc_select 3.3)
This version still seems to have gcc 4.0 problems while compiling pnet.

Hi Oscar,

Found the time dude, I had just got back from a night out clubbing (Trance - DJ JFK), for some reason I decided to have a go rather than just go to bed, the result, I believe I've managed to build 0.7.0 ok.

This time I took note of all the commands I typed for you and others reference - maybe someone could make it into a shell script or makefile.

The PackageMaker project I used is available too (packaging- macosx.tar.bz2) - with updated GPL license (address change), and altered the Welcome so it wasn't an alternate repeat of the content in the ReadMe.

All can be found here (others welcome to test also):
http://www.zen15457.zen.co.uk/pnet/

Built on Mac OS X 10.4.1, targeting 10.3 with GCC 3.3, not installed XCode 2.1 yet.

Have fun!!!

Alan