Re: [Pnet-developers] generated files, useless XML, --with-profile=ecma

From: minddog
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] generated files, useless XML, --with-profile=ecma
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 05:52:56 -0700

On Saturday 22 March 2003 23:55, Stephen Compall wrote:
> 2. System.Xml, I gather, is pretty useless without the MS extensions.
> Does that mean that to have useful XML without MS xtn, we should
> recommend DotGNU.Xml? If so, I suggest making it the official
> recommended parser. Sorry minddog :)
Sure, isn't that our focus to begin with?  We do need the "get out of jail
quick" button. Well, we do have the Libxml2 bindings still right?  Why not
resurrect it =) I truthfully think System.Xml the way it is right now is
useless only in certain areas.  It lacks entity support that i haven't done
yet.  Basic parsing is fine otherwise.  System.Xml(ecma) is fine, but it
lacks too.  If someone has a better idea than .Net's Xml interpretation, wiki
it up.

"I try to take it one day at a time, but several of them attack me at once."
-mistyflip