[Pnet-developers] A preview of the java compiler

From: Gopal V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] A preview of the java compiler
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:45:12 +0530

Hey all,
        This is a minor preview of the Java compiler that is being built
(in secret of course, otherwise why would I show it to you ;-) . It does
3-4 things which I like ..

#1) Compiles System.out.println("Hello World");
#2) Arithmetic expressions
#3) if/for/while
#4) Barfs on all others

I haven't implemented anything else ... but well ...

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/java-compiler-0.0.1.tgz

Apply makefiles.patch to appropriate files
copy java dir into pnet/cscc/
./auto_gen.sh && ./configure && make
cd javalib && make

to test

cscc -fplugin-java-path=./cscc-java -l ../../javalib/java.lang.dll test.java

Hopefully that should give you an a.out.exe which runs right.

(and Rhys the string thing worked out without __From/__To... the current
 setup works out even better)

Another one for the Weekend warriors,
Gopal